on 01/10/02 08:53, Joe Ellis at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Well last night I took the plunge and decided to re-install OS X to see if
> it would correct my sleepless Pismo. First I tried to do an Archive and
> Install. While the installation went off without a problem, I still had a
> sleepless machine after all that! Soooo, decided to roll out the big guns,
> backed everything up to my external firewire drive and did a full clean
> install, interestingly when I completed the initial install of Jaguar and I
> completed entering my baseline information, name, address, .mac account
> data, etc. it immediately launched software update and told me it wanted to
> install 10.2.1, iTunes 3.01, and the security update. I let that proceed and
> after completion I presume I now have (before reloading backups) a clean
> system with the latest updates. BUT THE MACHINE IS STILL SLEEPLESS!  Use the
> menu item, screen blanks then lights up again, close the lid, the backlight
> goes out and the sleep light pulses; but I can hear the hard drive cycling.
> I opened the process viewer but I'm not sure that it can help. Rather than
> list them all, it says there are 32 processes running. Perhaps someone else
> could check their machine and see if the number correlates to theirs. I did
> have a Bluetooth adapter and a wireless mouse plugged into the USB ports,
> but I unplugged them and still have the problem.
> I am now officially at the bottom of my bag of tricks, anyone got a
> suggestion?

Is the machine sleeping under 9? Did you try resetting the power manager?

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

FUBAR n.: The Failed UniBus Address Register in a VAX. A good example of how
jargon can occasionally be snuck past the suits; see foobar, and foo for a
fuller etymology.