On 10/2/02 6:30 AM, "Jeremy C. Derr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-snip-
>> it would automatically connect to the network. But recently
>> (past
>> few days) for some reason it's stopped automatically connecting -
>> instead I
>> have to go up to the little Airport icon in the menubar (OS X) and
>> select
>> the network. I can't find a preference to set anywhere... anyone know
>> what's
>> up?
>
> In System Preferences->Network, make sure that under Airport you've
> chosen "Join network with the best signal". What you are seeing is what
> happens if this has been unselected or changed.

The funny thing is I once tried this since it seemed the logical choice, but
with this setting my TiBook behaves like described by Amber. I had to set it
to "Join most recently used available network" (and have it remember the
password) and now it switches transparently (well you see the scrolling
login indicated at the little airport signal menu icon) from Roadrunner at
home and 2 different wireless networks at work.

/h