New to the list.

Wallstreet won't play.

Trying to help a UK based G3 PowerBook Series II (Wallstreet?) owner
with a machine that won't react to anything, it's dead to the world.

Have tried power in and out, battery in and out, both out over night,
resetting power manager, removed drive and RAM and replaced again, CD
startup, external HD startup, and SCSI mode to another - nothing.

Power is getting to it - it's powered enough to eject PCMCIAs (with a
speaker pop). And after being unpowered overnight, there is an
unhealthy 2 second wirrr from (fan?) in back left corner - I/O
failure?

Has been suggested that I replace PRAM battery, or at least unplug
it. Can see PRAM battery wires heading towards center away from left
bay, but can't reach plug to unplug. Any disassemblies available
online? Does one just unscrew bottom half of case for access?

Chasing down Torx in the meantime.

Any assistance much appreciated.
Marc

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>