>  >>> Might anyone know why my TiBook 667/OS9.2.2 hangs for several seconds
>
>>  Doesn't that control strip module allow you to add (or select)
>>  different locations?  Could be that the location configuration being
>>  used from the control strip doesn't include the set-up for a modem
>>  connection.  Maybe I'm thinking of the Location Manager, the location
>>  setting can make all the difference.
>
>Thanks for the reply, John. The remote access module allows you to select
>any ISP which has been configured in the remote access control panel, but
>has no option for choosing location. Those ISP settings remain the same from
>wherever I'm located. I did however tinker with the Location Manager a
>little but couldn't find a way to solve this problem.

Though location manager settings can of course make a difference,
there should in principle be no difference between invoking
"Connect..." from the control strip and doing it after opening the
Remote Access panel. Thus they ought to eiher both work or fail.
Since connecting from the Remote Access control panel works
correctly, I believe your settings should be ok.
Maybe something got corrupted in the control strip. I would try
trashing the Control Strip Preferences file and do the usual
maintenance stuff (zapping the pram, rebuilding the desktop) to see
if it helps.

Luis

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>