>Just picked up a Wallstreet a couple days ago. 266MHz, 64MB, 2GB drive.
>
>I bumped the RAM to 256MB and stuck in an 18GB Toshiba drive I had. The
>drive was partitioned as 6GB & 11GB. I installed OS9.2.1 on the 6GB
>partition. It boots up and runs fine (except for the damned sleep issue
>which I'll bring up in a separate post).
>
>I tried to install Jaguar but when when I launch the installer App and try
>to restart, it tells me the OSX install CD could be set as the startup
>drive. So I try to restart and hold down the "C" key...this doesn't work
>(nor does Shift;fn;ctrl;delete). So I pull out my OSX.1.3 installer and use
>it. It boots and installs just fine.
>
>Question:
>1) Why can't I install Jaguar? Perhaps because or my partitioning?
>
>To be honest, I don't recall which partition is the first one as I
>partitioned this drive about a year ago when it was in a different
>Wallstreet. I stuck it in a FireWire enclosure and have since used it as
>storage.
>
>How can I tell? I'd prefer not to reformat unless I'm forced to as I have a
>lot of stuff stored on the larger partition.
>
>Thanks,
>-Mark

Maybe you a have an upgrade cd that requires you to have 10.1 or
something installed. It may also be the case that the first partition
is the larger one; if so, then you have to reformat so that the first
partition on your drive is less than 8GB. To see if that is the case,
you can open Drive Setup and take a look at the arrangement of the
partitions (or maybe you can find that from Apple System Profiler,
I'm not sure).

Luis

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>