Bruce Johnson on 10/23/02 6:11 PM wrote:

> Do you know if that's a good Jag CD?
>
> Have you tried doing it through Startup disk?
>
> Try resetting the PRAM (boot holding ctrl-option-p-r hold until you hear
> the startup chime three times.)
>
> It *should* install, especially if 10.1.3 works...

Sorry for the delay. I got my iBook back from Apple yesterday and was too
excited to fuss with the Wallstreet. I had planned to use the Wallstreet in
my iBook's absence but Apple returned it tooooo quickly. I shipped it to
them Monday afternoon and got it back Wednesday morning! Talk about
spectacular service and everything is as it should be!

Anyhow, regarding the Wallstreet.

Good install CD (worked with my iBook and DP/G4). Zapped PRAM, reset power
manager, used startup disk control panel, etc. All the usual tricks for
booting from a different drive.

So this morning I installed a different drive (10GB Toshiba from my iBook),
gave it an 8GB 1st partition and installed OS9.2.1 on the 2nd.

I tried once again to install Jaguar but got the same results. To be honest
I'm using copies of my original Jaguar but as I said, they work fine on my
other machines. Perhaps it doesn't like the CDR media but if that were the
case, it wouldn't even mount to the desktop. Plus it's the same CDR media I
use to make copies of my OS9.2.1 and OSX.1.3 install CDs.

Also, when I hold down the option key at startup to get a selection of
drives/OSs to choose from (ie. OS9 or OSX or install CD etc.), it doesn't
work.

Is there maybe a firmware update I should look for, for the Wallstreet?

-Mark

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>