On Thursday, October 24, 2002, at 05:34 PM, Byron Gardner wrote:

> Is there any utilities or apps available to show the connect speed
> obtained once the connection is made?

not that I'm aware of.

> Can I actually connect two computers at a time to the Internet using
> dial up and the base station? I have two separate Wallstreets with the
> SMC card in one and an Orinoco Gold in the other. Can they both be
> connected at once?

sure, but keep in mind that since they're sharing the net
connection.... whatever your modem is connecting at, they'll both
essentially only get half (for varying values of the word "half"). e.g.
it'll be slower.

> The Airport Setup Assistant and Internet Connect will not recognize
> anything but the Apple Airport Cards. Does anyone know of any third
> party cards that ARE recognized?

IIRC....... None.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>