On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 08:38  AM, Peter Johnson wrote:

> Okay, so I decide to run the 9.2.1 update to revert
> all the OT extensions to earlier versions, then
> re-update to 9.2.2. The 9.2.1 update freezes half way
> through installation, upon reboot the Powerbook
> refuses to acknowledge that the 9.2.2 partition is
> bootable. I can select it in the Start Up disk control
> panel in OS X.2 and when booted off a CD, but it
> doesn't show up as a choice when the option key is
> held on bootup.
> Some last tidbits, I was able to run the 9.2.1 update
> and the 9.2.2 update on the partition when booted off
> a CD... but am still unable to boot off the 9.2.2
> partition. In OS X.2, "classic mode" works just
> peachy.

well, first off, the Startup Manager (holding down the option key)
doesn't list OS Options.... it lists bootable volumes, and only shows
the currently selected OS for that volume.

downgrading an OS 9 System folder to a previous version (by running an
older update) is -always- a bad idea. if you need to go back a version,
it's better to just Clean Install OS 9 from scratch.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>