>> The battery on my wife's Lombard will not charge. I assume the adapter's OK
>> because the computer will run on it. Is this assumption wrong? Might there
>> be some way to solve the problem short of replacing the battery?

> The problem is likely either the battery or the charging circuitry in the
> computer. I suggest that you see if the battery will charge in the other
> battery bay. Also, try the battery in another computer and try a known good
> battery in your computer. This should help you isolate the fault.
>
> Paul

Thanks for the advice, Paul. Seeing if the battery would charge in the other
bay was something that hadn't occurred to me. It didn't help, however, and
I'm assuming the battery's shot. Do not have access to other Lombards or
their batteries where I am. Guess I just need to buy a new battery.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>