Well,

        Got my shipment from OWC last evening and after fiddling with getting
partitions right (Note, you have to QUIT and restart [reboot from the
install CD] the installer every time as you adjust the partitions
otherwise in my case every partition was grey'd?) the install went
smooth. The drive is half the thickness of the OEM 8 gig and whisper
quiet with only the light tin-tap sounds of disk access being heard. The
OEM drive left no doubt as to when it spun up, the new one keep's it's
secrets! I expect I'll see a battery runtime increase.

        I've not encountered the sleep issue that some have with these drives,
I may simply have been lucky.

        After the OSX install was done I then switched out the memory. It's
semi involved but not too hard if you're comfortable with pulling things
apart. This also went well and now it's burbling along with 512 megs of ram.

        With these additions it's a notably quicker machine. Now if Apple or
someone else can figure out a way to _reliably_ get video acceleration
working then all will be complete.

Installed:

20.0GB IBM TravelStar 40GNX

(Took 20 minutes with interruptions, no surprises encountered. BTW, not
all the screws inside are #8 torx, some are just very fine philips heads)

256mb PC100 CL2 2-2-2 Low Profile Universal  [ Sticker said PC133 ]

(Took 15 minutes with no interruptions, processor daughter card can be
slightly testy to get out. SIMM clips are VERY strong, make sure not to
flex board removing and then installing new RAM.)

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>