on 11/11/02 09:47, Kent Wieland at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Lately I've noticed that my trusty Wallstreet II (PDQ, I guess) has been
> running much warmer.  I've also noticed that my cooling fan doesn't seem to
> kick on anymore--ever, no matter how hot it gets.
>
> Could it be that my fan is dead?  Or might I need to zap my PRAM or some
> such thing?  I'm concerned that I'm going to cook its innards if not my
> legs...

The fan starts very rarely on any PowerBook G3 Series. Unless you use it on
some surface that would prevent air from circulating underneath, you won't
hear the fan. However, if you really want to hear it, you can shutdown your
PDQ and reset the power manager. I think you should hear the fan a little
bit when you'll press the power button.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:laurent.daudelin@;verizon.net

fish n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] 1. Another metasyntactic variable.
See foo. Derived originally from the Monty Python skit in the middle of "The
Meaning of Life" entitled "Find the Fish". 2. A pun for `microfiche'. A
microfiche file cabinet may be referred to as a `fish tank'.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>