On 11/14/02 9:26 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into
the Cybertrough:

> Okay - I am new here to the G-Books page and probably asking an old question.
> But I
> just bought a great little Pismo 400 with 320 RAM, open box - new (no
> warranty) from
> CompUSA. Everything seemed to work fine for a couple of months until a couple
> days
> ago. Anywho the LG CD-ROM/DVD won't recognize CD's and the System profiler in

First of all as a G-Book nanny I ask that you include a posting title in
every post to the list.  Secondly, the Pismo's have been failing quite
frequently lately.  I deal with hundreds of customers each month, and the
CD/DVD drive has become a recurring theme.  The LG drives are the worst.
What I suggest you do is send your machine in to Apple and pay the full
charge for laptop repair, which is $350.  They will replace the drive and
check your hnges and a number of other things.  It's worth the $ for those
who didn't buy Applecare.  I wholeheartedly recommend buying Applecare for
any Mac Laptop.  *I* even bought Applecare for my TiBook.  The parts are
just that expensive.
Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert