On Monday, Nov 18, 2002, at 23:47 US/Pacific, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> Hi all,
> Has anyone tried to configure a router or switch using the Ethernet
> interface and OSX? I've not tried it, but it should be possible to do
> so
> using Terminal.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark.

I don't quite understand what you mean.  If the router/switch accepts
telnet, SSH, or web access over Ethernet, then certainly you can
configure it from OSX.  If you are talking about console access over a
serial link, then you need a serial port, and probably a dedicated term
program like ZTERM would be easier than getting connectivity from
Terminal.

I've done both regularly:

> [fffinch:~] KeS% ssh orderly@orderly
> orderly@orderly's password:
>
> orderly>en
> Password:
> orderly#show run
> Building configuration...
>
> Current configuration : 4266 bytes
> !
> ! Last configuration change at 19:29:57 UTC Sat Nov 16 2002 by orderly
> ! NVRAM config last updated at 19:30:43 UTC Sat Nov 16 2002 by orderly
> !
> version 12.2

> orderly#exit
> Connection to orderly closed.