I have a non Appletalk unit I bought from the manufacturer (Pheecom)
here in Taiwan, which works well as internet router. However I need the
Appletalk so will change soon. I notice SMC Barricade is $80 with rebate
(yanks only, dammit) at tiger direct. SMC claims an amazing 1155 ft
range, (albeit at lower data rate) vs others 100 foot range, so I might
buy it here at about $115 equivalent.

        Anybody have good / bad experience with this unit?

        TIA,
        Stuart.