RE; I suggest pass on maxtor in an I-mac,if fingernails on blckboards bother
you,your face so close to the machine,the droneing buzzing whine gets
tiresome realy fast clear across the room,up close its even more nagging,
Maxtor diamondmax plus 60gb  7200rpm,I would have recomended IBM,but Ive
been reading about problems with some of them,mine is deskstar 45gb 7200 rpm
silent runs cool and no problems in almost a year now.