Feel free to send me to the correct discussion group but.....

I took the 20 gig Hitachi out of my Wallstreet, and put it in a OWC firewire
case. I formatted it MS Dos using the formatting utility on my Mac.... OS
9.2.2, whatever version of the utility was running there. Transferred files
to it and could read it on my mac, but my Dell running Win 2KPro(NT based)
wouldn't recognize it, and demanded that I reformat it before it would copy
to it. Now I've done that, and my Mac won't recognize it. Why can't I do
this? I've always formatted floppies for Windows, on my Mac, so that I could
move files back and forth. I even do it with zip discs, and the CDs that I
burn from my Mac.... They're all interchangable. Why can't I do it with a
portable drive, or can I?

Please contact off line, as this stretches the appropriateness of the
Powerbook group....

John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]