Hi Mathew,
        Ask Tekserve to run the logic board under alcohol, (squeeze bottle)
then dry with a blow dryer. Warm, not too hot. I would say you have a
better than even money chance of it working.
        I got a car computer working last year which had been under muddy
water for around a week to ten days. I had been quoted $750 for new, but
after alcohol wash, scrub off the mud, replace some zener diodes which
had electrolysed, and the computer is as good as new. Drives great!

        If Tekserve refuse to do this, think about getting it back and
doing it yourself or see if a friend is familiar with computers and
might help.

        It is not likely that there are any parts which could be damaged so
easily as a little beer, unless it was for a long time, and / or the
unit remained powered up. PCB's are washed in water these days to get
rid of the flux. They are pretty tough.

        Good luck,
        Stuart.

        P.S. A couple of months ago I accidentally dropped my mobile phone
into a river. Dismantled it as much as possible, (back, battery, sim
card), shook out excess water, then put it on the cars dashboard for a
couple of hours, then in a/c vent. It was working again a couple of
hours later - perfectly. And I was still in the bush.

Mathew said