on 11/25/02 08:29, G-Books at [EMAIL PROTECTED], wrote:

>>> , is there a problem using the faster PC100-133 in the older G3's or is the
>>> DIMM compatible with the slower speed?
>>>

>> That shouldn't be a problem.
>>

> So the price difference, pc66 being more expensive, is based on
> availability rather than a physical difference or incompatibility?

PC100 and PC133 ram will work okay in the Lombard (and Wallstreet and
original iMacs), BUT only if it's made according to those Macs'
specifications. i.e., not ALL PC100 and PC133 ram will work in those Macs.

So be sure to buy memory that is specifically advertised as compatible with
those Macs and comes with a free exchange guarantee and lifetime warranty.

Solid online stores that sell this ram include OWC (which offers free
exchange and lifetime warranty)
<http://eshop.macsales.com/specials/MailList.cfm>
and Transinternational (do a web search).

Chris H