> I have been looking at trading up from a PDQ (300) to a Pismo.
>
> The only thing that slows me down here are the stories of "pink screen"
> syndrome on the Pismo form factor.  Let's assume I buy a Pismo and it
> develops "pink screen."  Is this something that you notice for only a dew
> moments after startup?  Does it permanently ruin the computer?
>
> Any comments from owners would be welcome and thanks!

Ck -- http://www.macintouch.com/pinkpismolcd.html

My screen has been pink in the corners and botchy elsewhere upon starting
for most of this year, but the pink disappears after a short warm-up. It
hasn't affected function. I've had some dire predictions from some folks
(usually the folks that do repairs and screen-changes), but haven't acted on
any change yet.

I intend to make a move to a newer iBook probably -- when the time is right,
and I just hope that the Pismo keeps humming and defies screen demise until
then.

Perhaps it's worse that I know, since I'm somewhat red-green colorblind! T