Hi Lawrence,
Try using something to raise the rear of the PowerBook G4 up. You could use
2 large rubber erasers and place them underneath the rear feet of the
PowerBook. That will allow some circulation of air in the rear side, hence
lowering the temperature a little. I believe the Coolpad also does the same
thing, albeit with more finesse...

Cheers,
Mark.

"WARNING  :  "Privileged/Confidential  information may be contained in this
message.  If  you  are  not  the  intended  addressee,  you  must not copy,
distribute  or  take  any  action in reliance thereon. Communication of any
information  in  this  email to any unauthorised person is an offence under
the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213). Please notify the sender immediately if
you receive this in error."

                    "Laurence - SMT

                    Tricept"                  To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(G-Books)
                    <smttricept@hotmai        cc:

                    l.com>                    Subject:     Ti Book overheating problem
(again)
                    Sent by:

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    aunch.com>

                    (G-Books)

                    25/11/2002 0459 PM

                    Please respond to

                    G-Books

We were talking about the heat generation from my Ti Book, and I
wanted to add to the discussion that the main culprit is having the
mains charger left plugged in.

If I unplug it when the battery if full, the temperature drops by quite
a lot, but if I leave it in even when the battery is full the back of the
base, below the screen gets very hot.

I use it as a desktop unit for 8-12 hours per day, so having to
unplug and reconnect it all the time is very boring.

I use a PowerBook as I also work at home.