on 10/12/02 03:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Still, it's a good operating system and it can only get better as time
> progresses.

Agreed. An excellent OS!

> Okay - next topic:
>
> Apple used to have a File Synchronization utility in OS8; which enabled
> users to sync folders & files in 2 locations (say, the hard drive and a Zip
> disk). Is there an OSX implementation of this? More importantly, is it
> free? I do miss this feature as I use Zip disks a lot.

<shameless plug>
Nope, no such thing. That's why I wrote File Synchronization for Mac OS X.
Apple didn't port it and the other offerings were whether way too expensive
or too cumbersome to use. I did use the old File Synchronization of OS 8-9
as a starting point, but added a few features that I was missing with the
Apple's tool. My software is not free, but at $9, I don't think anybody will
go bankrupt over it. You can download it and try it for 30 days at
<http://nemesys.dyndns.org/FileSynchronization_EN.html>.
</shameless plug>

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

GIGO /gi:'goh/ [acronym]: 1. `Garbage In, Garbage Out' -- usually said in
response to lusers who complain that a program didn't "do the right thing"
when given imperfect input or otherwise mistreated in some way. Also
commonly used to describe failures in human decision making due to faulty,
incomplete, or imprecise data. 2. `Garbage In, Gospel Out': this more recent
expansion is a sardonic comment on the tendency human beings have to put
excessive trust in `computerized' data.