> On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 10:58 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> If you want to see them, you need to create an alias and put it in your
> OS X desktop folder. I don't think that OS X has the ability to "merge"
> all the desktop folders from all mounted volumes into a single one,
> like it does in OS 9...

Hi Larent,

        I just did that (drug the alias of the MacOs9 desktop folder icon
from its partitition to the X.1 finder.  I don't know how long my
previous desktop fold has been missing.  I must have deleted it doing a
mass deletion from the desktop when cleaning up after downloading a
bunch of files.  I think that the previous folder had a little OS9  or
Classic Icon...I guess I could go looking for a cute icon, too.

        I still think there's a button and setting somewhere maybe someday
I'll find it...oh well.  My copy of x.2 is slowly heading my way...it
got stuck in the mail this morning so this may all be moot when it
arrives and I repartitition and reinstall everything.

thanks,

Randy
--
"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the
citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a