>the ignorance amazes me.
>
>you sir, need to read a book about how networks work.

No, I don't.  "Networks" are not the same thing as "the internet" and I
do know the difference.  Notice that I quoted *exactly* what I needed to
in order to reply to your message.  However, you did exactly what posters
should not do in quoting not only my entire message back again to the
list, but you also included "trash" by way of the end part of the message
which talks about the G Book list sponsorship.

>you make it sound like there is a bandwidth shortage or
>something....like we're going to be limited to the amount of data
>transfer available!

It might surprise you to know that on websites there ARE bandwidth
limitations.  And if you go over them, you have to pay extra if you're
the webmaster hosting the site.  To ignore bandwidth issues even on a
mailing list like this is to be truly rude and inconsiderate of others.
If all of this comes as news to you, you truly must be an internet newbie.

And to others on this list who have seen fit to grumble and growl about
how this particular subject is horribly off topic, may I politely and
kindly remind you that this IS an email list, afterall.  And that while
they're not the main subject of the list - things like long sig files
that affect the list and everyone's email load aren't beyond the scope of
this list.

--bj
http://www.bjbear71.com/