On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 08:54 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tangerine iBook, OS 9.2.2, about 320MB RAM with what seems to be a
> hosed
> directory. I booted from a CD and am running DiskWarrior, and it's
> "stuck"
> on Step 6 - Rebuilding directory. The specific message says,
> "Overlapped
> files detected." That's fine, but it's been chugging along at this
> step for
> over 14 hours. The file count keeps slowly incrementing (7583 and
> counting),
> so I *think* it's still working. But 14 hours?
>
> Is this normal? I've had step 6 take a while before, but never
> anything like
> this. What do you guys think?

Gene, it's bad.  Do you have a backup of the important stuff that was
on that iBook?

I have seen this happen before and it ALWAYS occurs on Blue & White G3s
running 9.2.2 with OS X installed.  There is no recovery for DW, it
will eventually crash with a memory error.

You could let it run if you don't need the machine.  There's no harm in
letting it try.  But I predict that you will be reinitializing that
drive soon.

Phil Burk
Systems Support Technician                                      Wiley Publishing, Inc.
10475 Crosspoint Blvd                                       Indianapolis, IN  46256
317.572.3049 phone                                                   317.572.1049 fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]