Chris, I have a wallstreet also (actually two). I have notice some odd
startup behavior with them both. Sometimes I get the long startup delay
after the chime and sometimes I never get the startup chime but
everything starts up normally.

I have noticed that resetting the PRAM fixes the problem but sometimes
it sticks and sometimes it does not.

Do you see the same situation?

Byron