> Something else to consider is the JBL creature, speaker
> system. Talk about alien technology! I haven't heard these
> though so I can't vouch for their sound quality, but I've
> heard they do sound good.

They aren't an Apple solution, but I have had a set of the Klipsch
Promedia 4.1 speakers for two years now and I love them. This is a
multichannel speaker system, but they also have their Promedia 2.1
speaker system which is the same sub and only two satellites. I found
the horns to be a little bright at first, compared to other speakers,
but my ears have adjusted to them now. Bass out of the system is QUITE
solid.

Bringing this back on an Apple topic, anyone know why Apple has not seen
fit to add multichannel sound to any of it's machines yet? Seems like
this would be an area that they would want to be involved in.

In good news, I have sold off my G4 tower, a P4 tower, and a PIII
laptop, and I am ready to become an official "switcher". I will be
ordering a new 17" Powerbook G4 at the end of the month to act as my
primary use machine. I am really looking forward to getting it. :)

Steve Fuller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]