On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 08:17 PM, James Rohde wrote:

> On 1/12/2003 2:30 PM, Spence enlightened us by writing:
>> I have a wall street 250 running OS 9.2.2.  When I put the computer
>> to sleep
>> it wakes up a few minutes later.
>>
>> I have checked the energy saver control panel and it is not set to
>> wake up.
>> This also happens whether or not "Apple Talk" is active.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Do you have a USB PCMCIA card in it? On my Pismo, I've found that if I
> have a printer hooked up and turned on, it will wake up the PBook.
> Others
> could verify whether the ADB or serial ports might similarly wake the
> Wallstreet if a powered up device was connected.

I have a Wallstreet running 10.2.3 that will not stay asleep either.
Correction - it will sleep, but if moved it will wake up.  I think it's
related to the PCMCIA slots in that I use a Lucent wireless card to
connect to my Airport BS at home.  If I remove the card it sleeps fine.
  The wireless driver doesn't support hot-swapping that card (yet) so I
am out of luck.

I suspect that it's not just USB in your case.  If you have a PCMCIA
card in any slot remove it and let me know if it sleeps.  Otherwise you
can feel free to ignore this message.  :^)

Phil Burk
Systems Support Technician                                      Wiley Publishing, Inc.
10475 Crosspoint Blvd                                       Indianapolis, IN  46256
317.572.3049 phone                                                   317.572.1049 fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]