On 1/17/03 6:34 AM, "frank hebbert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> The problem is described below. It has now occurred four times, three times
> in the last 20 minutes.

>> My girlfriend was working on her powerbook G4 just now, and the backlight on
>> her screen went off. The keys for brightness didn't do anything to bring it
>> on again.
>> I restarted (could see enough to do this after saving) - everything now ok,
>> backlight back on.
>> Any ideas? Is this hardware, or software? And should we be worried?
>
> Extra info - Powerbook G4, 6 months old, running 10.2.3. When the screen
> goes dark, I can open System Prefs and move the brightness slider - but
> nothing changes. The screen stays dark.

Send it in to Apple immediately.  That sounds like a bad backlight, and you
are within your 1 year warranty period.  Also consider buying Applecare for
it to extend your service period.
Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert