Stuart Saunders wrote:

> Without any specific knowledge of the Wallstreet (Can't be too
> different to the Pismo), one possibility with these symptoms would be
> poor contact between the cpu and the heat sink. Have you have either
> out, or dropped it at all?

Yes, it has been opened up.

>  Reseating, if possible with something like a little thermal paste, may
> help. Arctic Silver 3 paste is good, but not sure of use in powerbooks.
> Regular stuff should do the job in any case.

I tried that, and it seemed to help. The battery started to charge,
and I was able to run the 'book for about half an hour until it
died again with the same symptoms (fan spinning furiously, everything
else goes cold).

Right now it won't start up at all, nor is the battery being
charged, as far as I can tell.

--
Karl-Johan Norén -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hem.passagen.se/kjnoren/