Taken from http://www.motorola.com/ies/ESG/testlab/article1.htm:

"Depth of discharge (DOD) is defined as the level to which battery
voltage is taken during discharge. For instance, 100 percent DOD means
that the battery voltage has been taken down to the lowest level
recommended by suppliers. Twenty percent DOD means that 20 percent of
the battery capacity has been removed. This level of DOD is often
referred to as a shallow discharge. Discharging to less than the
recommended voltage is known as overdischarge. The shallower the
discharge, the more cycles the battery will provide. This is true for
all battery chemistries.

The relationship between DOD and cycle life is logarithmic. In other
words, the number of cycles yielded by a battery goes up exponentially
the lower the DOD. Research studies have shown that the typical
cellular phone user depletes their battery about 25 to 30 percent
before recharging. Testing has shown that at this low level of DOD a
lithium-ion battery can expect between 5 and 6 times the cycle numbers
of a battery discharged to the one hundred percent DOD level
continuously."

In summary, using your Li-Ion battery for 5 minutes while moving
between outlets isn't going to adversely affect battery life.

-Andrew

(Yes, I'm a EE student, but I'm focusing on microelectronics rather
than power systems)