I had the same type of experience last fall (02) with my Pismo.  The system ws
inadvertantlyleft on with the lid down and after about 2 weks I went to use it
and it was totally dead.. Wouldn't recharge at all.  I left it in the Pismo
with the ac attached and used it that way...left it plugged in for about 3 days
and on the 4th day itstarted to charge itself...Took a full charge and no
problems since...still get about 3 hrs a charge. I suggest hooking it up and
letting it go for a few days at the least to see if it recharges...
HTH,
Mike K