on 26/01/03 05:16, vicki at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Right first.
>

> The question i need answering is this I got a ram chip from a guy on
> ebay , he sent me a 128mb imac ram chip to go in my lombard but useing
> it in either the top or bottom slots it is only seen as 64mb so i tried
> it in my sister's ibook still seen as 64mb but the labels say Kingston
> 128mb imac ram.
>
> Is this my mac and my sisters , or the ram that is at fault my guess is
> the ram!!

I guess the RAM is faulty. Actually, it's not really faulty, it's
incompatible. It's probably using some kind of arrangement for the memory
chips which aren't recognized by the older Lombard. You would have to get
memory specifically for the Lombard.

> also can a lombard have cpu upgrade's .

I think there is one from PowerLogix.

> and finally this is a one off.
>
> and can i be contacted off list about this please . by people in uk only.
>
> I have a G3 466mhz Ibook the graphite se firewire modelwith dvd 128mb
> ram and 10gb hdd in perfect condition battery lasts from 1-3hrs
> depending on type of use. IE; watching a dvd 1+ hr's writeing 2-3 hr's
> web surfing 1hr 30min's -2 hr's.
>
> I would like to trade for a  powerbook lombard 400mhz version would be
> nice with dvd drive(must have) good battery and about same ram 5 gb +
> hdd size  and if possible a fire wire pcmcia card.

Sorry, can't help you with that...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one
who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not
mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia.
Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect,
but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers
normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard
`hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than
self-assumed.