On 2/1/03 3:43 PM, "Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would be very hesitant to invest money in the device until the
> company proves that it will work under OS X, either by Apple drivers or
> their own.  I have found that Apple continues to reduce PCMCIA support,
> and that Jaguar does not support my PCMCIA card-linked hard drive at
> all now.  The MAGMA device, as I understand it, is a PCMCIA card linked
> to an external housing for PCI cards.  Beware.
>
> --Jim.
>
> Stephen Bright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Is anyone using a MAGMA CB2S (or other) PCI expansion bay to use
>> full-length
>> PCI cards on their Powerbook?
>> Stephen

Magma does works well under 9.2.2 and as I understand OSX. I have been
testing out a 4 slot (CB4S) with my laptops (a TiPB667 and a TiPB1G). I have
found Magma's customer support to be top notch and informative. They will
work with you and take the product back if it will not perform to your
requirements. My needs are in OS 9.2.2 not OSX but I may try it out to
squelch the negativity from Jim. I say, try it out. You have nothing to
lose.

Brian C. Peters
BCP Consulting
[EMAIL PROTECTED]