I have a G3-400 Lombard dual partitioned to boot 9.2.2 or OSX 10.1.  Picked
up a re-furb Iomega USB 4x4x6 CD-RW off ebay to use for back-ups but can
not get system to recognize the burner.  Iomega's site said their provided
software didn't support 9.2.2 and to use iTunes and Disc Burner.  Apple's
site advised updating Authoring Support which I did to ver 1.9.  Have
iTunes ver 2.0.2.  Still no recognition from the Apple software, the Iomega
software, or Toast Titanium.  I have tried disabling all non- apple
authoring extensions but still no change.  help!?

  I have an Acom FireWire CDRW I bought new for this purpose but couldn't
get it recognized either through my firewire card. (works fine on my PC
though)   Am I doing something wrong  or does this machine just hate
external cd burners?

Thanks for your input!

Andrew