Hi Jeremy and friends,
I wanted to ditch Classic for a long time now but I have 2 programs that
need Classic installed before I can apply updaters to them for OSX
compatibility:

1) Roxio Toast 5.2
Install Roxio Toast 5.0 in OS9, apply the 5.2 updater. Reboot in X and use
Toast natively.
2) Adobe Acrobat 5.05
Install Acrobat 5 in OS9, apply the 5.05 updater. Reboot in X and now use
Acrobat natively.

Are there OSX native versions of these programs? Seems a pity to have to
boot 9 just to install these programs and have the whole rigma role of
apply the X updaters...

Thanks in advance,
 Mark.

"WARNING  :  "Privileged/Confidential  information may be contained in this
message.  If  you  are  not  the  intended  addressee,  you  must not copy,
distribute  or  take  any  action in reliance thereon. Communication of any
information  in  this  email to any unauthorised person is an offence under
the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213). Please notify the sender immediately if
you receive this in error."

                      Jeremy Derr

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            To:      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(G-Books)
                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Subject: Re: Hard drives in new
AlBooks
                      launch.com>

                      (G-Books)

                      07/02/03 01:15 PM

                      Please respond to

                      G-Books

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 11:01  PM, Andrew Johnson wrote:

> really? are you on os 9 or X?
> I usually dim my screen to the lowest level and will shut of airport if
> I'm not using it and can only get the battery meter to go >4 if I
> actually kill the backlight to the monitor.

OS X. I don't even have OS 9 installed on my machine.