On 2/8/03 10:12 PM, "Bill Hatchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I posted the original help here trying to determine why my Pismo
> PowerBook G3/500 fails to boot using a MacOS 9.0 installation disk.  I
> may have found why.  In a review of the Pismo dated 22 Mar 2000 by Mike
> Breeden on www.xlr8yourmac.com lists the software included with the
> Pismo:
>
> MacOS 9.02 (later builds may have a different version)
> iMovie (included with models after mid-2000)
> Quicktime 4
> DVD player 2.1
> OpenGL 1.1.3
> Internet Explorer and Netscape Communicator Browsers
> Outlook Express Email client
> Stuffit utilities
>
> He clearly shows it to be OS9.02, not 9.0.  Is this why I cannot boot
> from the 9.0 CD because Pismo requires a minimum of 9.02?  Probably
> something to do with Firewire.

I would strongly suggest you get a later version, you say you are running OS
X but don't like it, but you don't state what version of OS X. OS X normally
comes with Classic which is a later version of OS 9, normally 9.2.x When you
purchased the Pismo did it come with it's original install discs or SW
restore disc? If you had the original software disks you should be able to
use them otherwise you could download OS 9 (a compatable version) from apple
gratis.

Joe Ellis