Byron
No, the bus speed stays the same with any processor upgrade.  I'm now
running 9.2 (from 8.6) and will soon upgrade to 10.2.3 & 4.   The hardware
was just installed yesterday (2/20) and I'm still re-installing program
software.  My Wallstreet is now a G4/512 Ram/40GB. I'll have to get back to
you about speed, etc.  FYI:  Good article about WS upgrades called "Keeping
the Wallstreet PowerBook Current" by Keith Benicek at www.powerlogix.com  He
compares both processors, hard drives, ram, etc.
Vicki