on 22/2/03 1:56 PM, K. at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Not using Rend. but I had the same problem last year on my imac se 400 and
> pismo 400...talked to apple tech and was told to shut off the network time
> thing..it worked.. haven't had a problem since
> hth
> mike k

You'd think Apple could spend five minutes of one programmer's time and
increase the latency between tries to contact a network time server -- they
probably spend more $ dealing with that problem on their support lines than
it would cost to pay a programmer to slightly modify the code!

My problem is that there are times when the computer *always* wants to
connect. I'll tell it to disconnect and it'll promptly start dialing again.
I can close every app and this behaviour continues.

Well, as I said in an earlier e-mail I'll wait and see if turning off
Rendezvous fixed the problem. If not, I'll sequentially disable Network Time
and then Software Update and see if that eliminates the problem.

Eric.