on 23/02/03 17:43, Ryan Stewart at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> You probably have a more recent version than 0.4.4 because after reading
>> your message, I remembered I did download it some time ago for the ability
>> of making screen shots, I think, but now, maybe because of 10.2.4, I can't
>> play anything. The player seems to work but I can't get a window opened for
>> the movie to play in.
>>
>> So, what version did you try?
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> Laurent I am guessing (and only guessing) that you need the divx (if that is
> what you are opening) decoder:
>
> <http://www.3ivx.com/download/macos.html>
>
> Another player is "Mplayer". Mplayer will play your multiple movies like a
> cd changer. I find that Mplayer uses less cpu than VLC. YMMV
> Ryan

Thanks, Ryan, I'll have a look. As you can see from my earlier message, I
was still with 0.4.4 and didn't think about upgrading since I wasn't using
it much...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fish n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] 1. Another metasyntactic variable.
See foo. Derived originally from the Monty Python skit in the middle of "The
Meaning of Life" entitled "Find the Fish". 2. A pun for `microfiche'. A
microfiche file cabinet may be referred to as a `fish tank'.