I don't use my DVD drive often.  One of the reasons my DVD drive is
under utilized is because all my music is now on my HD.  So I guess it
wouldn't be a problem.  If I got the the expansion bay adaptor, the HD
should be bootable and hot-swappable right or would I have to restart
every single time.  Decisions... decisions...

If it doesn't affect my Apple Care Warranty, I'll probably swap out the
old drive and put it in the expansion bay to use as a back up for my
files.

Which hard drive should I buy and what is the cheapest place to get it
at?

--markemmanuel