The current exchange rate for the Federal Reserve as of noon yesterday was   I
Lb. Sterling = $1.579 US  so if you say about 2.6x the Lb. Sterling you will
get the close US equivalent...I think that the VAT .(Value Added Tax ie Sales
tax rate) is roughly 10%-15% on top of that.   You can get the latest exchange
rates at  X-rates.com  The best way to buy overseas is with a credit card
because you will get the best rates available since they do it at the cheaper
interbank rates.  My son did that the other year when he was in Europe..it can
make a significant difference in the rates you get.
HTH
Mike K