On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 10:32  AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I didn't get any answers when I first put this up, so I'll try
> again.My Lombard display is going crazy when the top is at 90 degrees
> or more. In fact, it has to be tilted forward now in order for me to
> be able to read the screen. The display looks frazzled and sometimes
> as though it's rolling, the way televisions used to do when the hold
> needed to be adjusted.
> I'm guessing it has to be the connecting cable, but maybe not.
> Any suggestions on what it might be and how to fix it?
>
> Willi

I don't know how similar the Lombard is to the WallStreet internally,
but with the display problems I've had with my 13.3" Wallstreet (a
notorious model for display issues) I've taken it apart a few times...
So basically if you are able and brave enough to crack open the laptop,
this is what might help (note that my experience is with the Wallstreet:

Take off Keyboard
Take off clutch cover (black plastic panel which holds
power/volume/brightness keys
you should see two copper-colored ribbon cables on opposite side of the
logic board that go to the screen.
you might want to check and see if they are securely connected.

If this doesnt fix it, the problem is either in the ribbon cables
themselves (likely where they coil around the clutches) or where the
cable connect to the actual LCD panel in the display.

hope this helps

-Andrew