Recently I upgraded a G3/233 to Sonnet G4/500Mz/40GB/OS9.2.

1st Question:
I am ready to install OSX2.3 on one of two 20GB partitions (the other has OS
9.2.2) but I just read in the "Read Before you Install OSX for G3 series"
that the first partition must be 8GB or less.  Am I correct in thinking I
will now have to re-partition the HD to 8/32?

2nd Question:
 I was told that an external hard drive cannot be used as a boot disk when
the data has to go through a cardbus.  Is this true?

Vicki