Ok, I think I see what's going on: you had a 2.5" drive in you Beige G3 (for
some bizarre reason -- why?).

What you need to do is to reinstall the Mac OS 8.1 on the HD and make sure
you install for *all* Macintoshes. Then you might be able to insert it into
the Wallstreet successfully.

Also, try holding down command-option-shift-delete or command-option-p-r
when you restart/turn on the computer (and, maybe reset the power manager...
search on Apple's knowledge DB for details).

So, Shannon, can you give some more details on the "wrong startup disk". Do
you actually see the words "wrong startup disk"? If so, you need to do what
I suggested with the install and don't bother doing PRAM/power manager
resets until you reinstall.

Another thing you may want to try is to find an external SCSI disk/CD-ROM
(and a laptop SCSI cable) so that you can boot-up with an external disk, or
find another Wallstreet user and install the HD in their machine and do a
system install there (it'll work in your machine then).

PS Once you get the HD working, you'll be able to update the OS via
AppleTalk network.

Eric.