on 3/3/03 12:53 PM, Obrecht, Jerry A at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Well, I finally got some time to test out the OS update.  I installed 10.2.3,
> repeat "3", and haven't seen a pointer freeze yet.  One of the "sleeps" was
> about 24 hours long, which before was long enough to cause a freeze.
> Chickened out on installing 10.2.4 given some of the modem problems associated
> with it.

You should probably avoid 10.2.4 altogether unless there's something in it
that fixes something that's dreadfully wrong in 10.2.3 for you. There have
been many reports of problems with the update (modem & otherwise) and Apple
has even officially acknowledged two and offered (clumsy) kludges for the
two the problems. I suspect that 10.2.4 will not go down as one of the most
stable versions in the annals of Jaguar stability.

Eric.