>From: Kris Dunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 >Subject: Wallstreet 10.2 boot problems.
 >Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:34:55 -0500
 >
 >Something odd is happening with my Wallstreet 250. I had 10.1 installed
 >and working fine. After a couple of weeks without using it I went to
 >boot it up and got a flashing question mark.
 >

 >After many attempts I finally got it to install by removing all of
 >the optional components, removing suspect ram from the machine, and
 >elevating the back to try and help with heat issues.

Kris
I'm puzzled that you are having heat problems.
My Wallstreet (266 Mhz, OS 9.2.2 4Gb HD) stays cool enough so that the
fan doesn't come on. I have heard that you shouldn't use them on a soft
surface like a pillow and I have noticed that it gets warm on my lap but
I've never noticed any problems with the operation.

Good luck with the Wallstreet, it's the last of the serial port powerbooks.

--
Andrew King
Ann Arbor Michigan