on 05/03/03 01:40, Gary E Davis at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all
>

> I'm running a 266Mhz wallstreet with 384 meg ram and a 20 gig disk. I have
> OSX 1.5 on partition 1 and I set up 9.1 on the other partition for Mac
> classic. Tonight the machine froze on me and after resetting and booting it
> came up with 9.1 and will not now boot off partition 1 with OSX...

Most likely some system files in X were damaged because they were maybe
being updated or written to when the crash occurred. Not sure what to
suggest. The safest thing might be to copy any document in your home
directory from your OS X partition onto your 9 partition, and then erase the
OS X partition and re-install. But maybe someone will come up with some
better idea...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fortrash /for'trash/ n.: Hackerism for the FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslator)
language, referring to its primitive design, gross and irregular syntax,
limited control constructs, and slippery, exception-filled semantics.