On 07/03/03 16:43, "Tivo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Could you be a bit more specific? Thanks
>
>>> I don't know what occurred, but I cannot raise the search box in IE. I click
>>> on Search and nothing occurs. IE Help menu is useless for this issue. I've
>>> tried restarting, removing the program as default for the Net and then
>>> switching it back again, but still cannot get it to provide the search box.
>>>
>>> Please, any ideas would help.   T
>>
>> Did you try temporarily removing Explorer preference file?

Are you using Mac OS 9 or X? If OS < X, then look in System Folder ->
Preferences -> Explorer folder. Move that folder to the desktop and launch
Internet Explorer. See if that helps.

If using Mac OS X, look in your home directory -> Library -> Preferences ->
Explorer. Again, move that folder to the desktop and try launching Internet
Explorer. See if that helps.

If that doesn't help, then move back the 'Explorer' folder on your desktop
back to its original location.

If it works, then you could try to bring back any single file from your
'Explorer' folder on the desktop back to the new 'Explorer' folder that IE
will create. You have to quit Explorer before moving back any file. Bring
back a single file then test Explorer.

If all else fails, then I don't know, sorry.

-Laurent.