>well........ when ordering a brand new, not-yet-shipping product, it's
>probably not wisest to order from a catalog reseller if timeliness is
>important. why? because Apple ships to THEM, then they ship to YOU. the
>delay is inherent to whom you've ordered from.

I fully understand the delay in shipping due to Apple shipping to the
reseller, and I'm quite cool with that. My reason for ordering from a
catalog reseller vs Apple was the free 512MB of RAM thrown in. I'm still
curious as to how they can have enough 12" units built, boxed, and ready
to go in a month, but they can't seem to do the same with the 17" unit
which was announced at the same time. I'm sure there was a good reason,
but it would be a nice show of faith for Apple to be a little more
forthcoming about the reason for the delay. Then again, that's not
Apple's SOP.

Steve