> On Monday, March 10, 2003, at 04:22 PM, Steve Fuller wrote:
>
>> Ugh. Got a mail from PC Connection today. My 17" powerbook has been
>> delayed until the 21st now. It was supposed to ship at the end of the
>> week. I love Apple's hardware, but I really have to say that I am
>> quite irritated by the fact that they cannot seem to ship everything
>> that  they
>> announce within any sort of sensible time frame. They somehow managed
>> get the 12" AlBooks out the door in pretty short order. Thankfully I
>> can
>> use my wife's Lombard for my fix for another week or two (not that
>> she's
>> going to be happy about that)
>
> well........ when ordering a brand new, not-yet-shipping product, it's
>  probably not wisest to order from a catalog reseller if timeliness is
>  important. why? because Apple ships to THEM, then they ship to YOU.
> the  delay is inherent to whom you've ordered from.

I ordered a 17" PowerBook from the Apple Store within a couple of hours
of the introduction.  The ship date on the order has been 3/20 since a
week or so after I placed the order - before that it was "7-10 weeks".
Note that means that on the day it was introduced Apple gave a shipping
window in contradiction to the "next month" announcement...

KeS